Sunday 22 October 2017

[list] 'Sellies' #1

I have made a list of 'Sellies', the opposite of Empties haha, because skincare is so 'YMMV', most of the items I buy are usually highly raved on the internet but they just didn't work for me. So I sold them on Carousell or gave them away.

Sorry some images I went to find from official websites cuz I sold them and deleted the photos already haha.

***


Skinfood peach sake pore serum and toner
from https://theskinfood.us/

This was one of my first items in my skincare journey. Hoped to find something that controls oil and reduce the appearance of my pores. The Pore Serum was okay, my skin felt smooth for a while, but a while only and that's it lol. The toner, idk, I can't really recall anything about it because after using it once and I was like nope. It probably aggravated my skin. The fragrance was also pretty strong for my skin, so off to Carousell they went.

Innisfree Jeju volcanic pore toner 
from my old photos

Because the Peach Sake Pore toner didn't work for me, I bought this instead. I kinda liked this, skin felt smooth after using.. for a while only LOL. Did nothing to my pores. Did nothing for oil control. A little too heavily fragranced for my skin. I think this is a good product but too bad... Not for me. Sold it on Carousell.

Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum and Green Tea Fresh Essence
from my old photos

I really wanted to like these items but... The fragrance was simply too strong for me. I'm sorry Innisfree. I'm sorry to say this but actually your whole Green Tea range was too heavily fragranced for my skin. It aggravated my skin. No more buying from this range for me.

COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream
from https://sokoglam.com/

I love the Mucin Power Essence. And don't get me wrong, this one was pretty good too. But I find myself to never use this because most creams are too heavy for my 'oil-crater' face. I now switch to sleeping packs where I apply only before I sleep so the cream doesn't turn to grease haha. I gave this to my sister who was going overseas for 4 months.

CosRX Blackhead Power Liquid
from https://sokoglam.com/

I wanted to love this and I thought that I finally found a solution to my skin problems... But unfortunately it didn't. My skin didn't love this. When applied, it felt like a film on my skin and it felt like it's not being absorbed. After a while, my skin felt so god damn oily. It also aggravated my skin. Sad to say this despite the hype, off to Carousell it goes. But I'm keen to try their AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner hehe. Hope it works better.

Laneige Brush Pact Pore Blur
from https://www.sephora.sg/

WTF Laneige??!!? This is a scam lol.. The idea of the retractable brush + brush pact in one was great and nice for portability and I really loved the brush too but.. I couldn't pick up much product using the brush at all, let alone transfer it to my face. I sold it on Carousell. Too bad. I love your BB cushion but this was a fail purchase. For a great oil control pact, I would recommend the Son & Park Flawless Pore Pact. I'm gonna make a favourites list soon and will talk more about it.

Gillette Venus Spa Breeze Shaver
from my Carousell page

Ok I bought this cuz they ran out of the Embrace ones. Bad decision. Should have waited till the Embrace ones were back in stock. I give it the benefit of doubt. Maybe it works for shaving the legs, idk cuz I don't shave my legs LOL. But underarms wise, complete and absolute fail. The shave was not close enough. I might be using it wrongly, but nvm, selling the new ones, and going back to my Embrace cartridges.

***

And so this ends my Sellies #1. I have more experience in skincare and also hoard less now, so hopefully I don't have to sell stuff that I dislike anymore LOL. I'm currently writing my empties and favourites list so do look out for them soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...